Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Hectic Year...So Far

Well, it's definitely been a filling year. I haven't been able to spend much time at home. I was checking my calendar and it seems, since I have moved to Kansas in January, I have been away from here roughly 80 days! I feel like I've been gone more than I've been home. So much has happened, much of which I am still learning to cope with. There have been some nice things, as well, though. I have been to my little sister's wedding in May and visited her, my sis-in-law and my mom in June. I brought my youngest sister and brother home with me for about a week and a half for a visit. We have been to St. Louis to help my sis-in-law out on a couple of occasions. We also took our family vacation for several days in Branson, MO. That was nice. We all had a real good time and I have learned even more that Taylor is a little dare-devil. She wanted to get on every ride and water slide she could and often pushed her size to get onto the bigger attractions. She loved the water slides! It was technically the first family vacation that we have had where we did not go to visit other family. It was nice to feel like we did our own thing, though we always enjoy visiting extended family. On one of the occasions when I went back to St. Louis, my son went with his grandfather, great-grandfather, and cousins on a Civil War trek across the northern states: VA, PA, WV, etc. He had a real good time and it gave him some good bonding time with my husband's side of the family.

He starts back to school in a couple of weeks, so we're getting everything squared away for that. Taylor is always talking about wanting to go to school like Bubby, so I have picked her up a couple of preschool workbooks for "homework" and she enjoys working in them. I sort of wish that she was able to start some school soon, because I think she would really enjoy it, but her birthday is late in the year, so it probably won't be until next year. I'm in no hurry to send her off, though, so it's fine with me. I think I will look into some sort of gymnastics or dance for her again, too, because she has been asking to do so. It may have to wait until next year, though.

We are looking at going to TN in October to hopefully find our house. We hope to close by November and move me and the kids out early to avoid traveling at the height of my pregnancy. According to the ultrasound, I am due on the 10th of December (Brandon's birthday, incidently) so I would be cutting it awfully close for the time Kenric is scheduled to move. I'm not so concerned about overlapping my kid's birthdays, though, because I always seem to be at least a week before my due date. I'm thinking early December, likely. Man, there's just too much going on that month!

As of right now, I am about 20 weeks along and I am carrying a very active little baby. I don't think I will find out the sex for quite a while, though, unfortunately. I was told I wouldn't have another (insurance-paid) ultrasound until at least 28 weeks, so I get to be in aggravated anticipation for two more months. Of course, I may try to find out the out-of-pocket cost and see if it's worth it to do one on our own dime before then. I'm just curious, but will be thrilled with either, just hoping for a healthy baby.

Other than the fact that we hardly seem to slow down, we are all doing well. Taylor is getting better with not being as much of a butthead in her interactions with Daddy, which makes him much happier. Kenric continues to trudge away at school, generally doing really well (as always) on his papers. He is looking forward to the upcoming football season, though I can't say the same. Brandon is feeling like his summer just flew by and is contemplating whether or not to sign up for soccer for this season or just wait until we are settled in Clarksville. He has opted not to participate in band this year. Our original deal was that he play his trombone for at least a year and learn music in school. He played for two and would now like to open up other classes to him, now, so I have conceded. I will be looking into getting him some steady guitar lessons after we move, though. Of course, the best laid plans always go awry and considering the fact that it is fairly certain that Kenric will deploy overseas in January, it will be an even more hectic year than this one. With a move, a new home, and a new baby to tend to...I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment