Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Almost Ours!

Hello all! As you may know, Kenric and I are in the process of buying our first house in Clarksville, TN. We are excited about the prospect of having something we can call our own. Plus, it will be so nice to be in an area that is within a relatively short drive from most of our immediate family members. We are scheduled to fly/drive down to TN to close on the 30th of October. Our plan right now, though, is to try to move most of our things at that time, but I will return to KS to stay with Kenric the rest of the time until the baby comes and he graduates. Since we're talking a due date that lands right at the time of graduation, it looks like we won't be leaving until some time after the 12th of December. But, if we have already moved most of our things, we can dity the rest and have a relatively hassle-free move in December. Of course, lets hope the ARMY and the movers cooperate!

We are trying to stay fairly busy for the remainder of this year until then. Kenric takes regular trips to his Dad's on weekends and often takes the kids with him so I can get a small break from being 24/7 Mommy.

Brandon, of course, has school and continues trombone in band, so that takes up some time. He also plays soccer and has guitar lessons, which he is doing really well in.

Taylor is enrolled in gymnastics once a week, which she loves. She is really good at it, too. Not that I'm surprised my little monkey takes right to climbing, jumping, flipping, and hanging! I will try to get some video one day, though it's difficult since I am walking her through everything and she may not like me stepping back to video her. We'll see.

Kenric stays busy with school and football that he plays with the guys throughout the week. Of course, the bane of my year has begun...football season. So, naturally, our Sundays are tied up, too.

However, this is the time of year that I love...when all the Fall festivals, Renaissance fairs, pumpkin patches, and general outdoor get-togethers are plentiful! Needless to say, I am packing our calendar Saturdays pretty full. There's just so much to do and I love the weather! Fall is the best. Today, it looks like we will be going to a community BBQ on post once Kenric returns from his football practice this morning. Last night we went out with multiple couples for a rare adult night out on the town. We're long past partying til the wee hours of the morn', but it was nice to get out, nonetheless. Both places we went to were partially outdoors, too, and it was a perfect night to enjoy the weather.

I don't think I posted our family pictures that we took earlier in the year, so I'll put those up in addition to our new house.

Hope all is well in the world with all our friends and family!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment